The Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis can accommodate working professionals who wish to fulfill their Continuing Education Requirements. PSP courses provide a deep understanding of complex mental health issues and the human condition in an interactive environment. Students learn about the historical roots of psychoanalysis as well as how modern psychoanalysis offers relevant insight and assistance to people from all walks of life.
PSP has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6637. Participants are eligible to earn CE hours based on the number of groups attended and completion of a brief course evaluation.
PSP also offers distance learning opportunities for those who live outside of the Philadelphia area. Distance learners attend classes via a video conference platform and receive full continuing education credit for their participation. Distance learning is available to both matriculating and non-matriculating students.
Courses frequently offered include:
- Psychoanalytic Approaches to Organizations, Leadership and Organizational Consultancy
- Case Presentation Workshop
- Modern Psychoanalytic Theory and Treatment Techniques
- Moral Countertransference and Other Ethical Dilemmas
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Human Maturation and Development
- Culture and Diversity in Psychoanalysis
- Evolution of Psychoanalytic Technique
- Basic Writings of Freud
- Freud’s Case Studies and Technical Papers
- Sex, Aggression and Primary Process
- Ego Psychology and Object Relations Theory
- Clinical Perspectives of Freud’s Social Thought and Activism