Unique Internships and Practicum Opportunities at Philadelphia’s Premiere Psychotherapy Training Center
The Philadelphia Consultation Center is a private, non-profit mental health clinic operated by the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis. It has a two-fold mission: to provide the benefits of Modern Psychoanalytic treatment to Philadelphia area residents who might not otherwise have access to affordable intensive, long-term psychotherapeutic care and to provide an opportunity for students of the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis to obtain high-quality, comprehensive training and experience in adapting Modern Psychoanalytic principles to a diverse population.
PSP certificate students participate in a year-long practicum which provides the opportunity for the student to see patients and gain new psychotherapeutic skills. This is achieved through a combination of intensive classroom work and a year-long group supervision which focuses on clinical skills and building a practice. A case management seminar assists with the practical aspects of meeting managed care requirements, addressing legal and institutional demands, and developing professional relationships with referral sources.
Students receive a small stipend which, upon successful completion of the practicum, may be increased as the student gains more experience and demonstrates clinical skills and the capacity to manage a practice.
Masters and doctoral students who seek practicum or internship experience in long-term, intensive treatment, are encouraged to contact us to discuss their particular school’s requirements. PCC offers flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends, and has a large staff of credentialed professionals to meet supervision requirements of the Masters or Doctoral program. In addition to individual supervision, graduate students participate in group supervision and case management discussions. As an added bonus, interns and practicum students are invited to register for an introductory-level PSP course at no charge.
PSP has welcomed graduate students from:
- Temple University School of Social Administration
- University of Pennsylvania School of Social Work
- Widener University School of Human Service Professions, Center for Social Work Education (MSW) and Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Bryn Mawr College Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research (MSS)
- Smith College School for Social Work (MSW)
- Immaculata University Graduate Psychology Department (M.A. and Psy.D.)
- Neumann College Graduate Program in Pastoral Care and Counseling (M.S.)
- Chestnut Hill College School of Graduate Studies Clinical and Counseling Psychology (M.A. and M.S.) and Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
Students from other institutions are encouraged to apply.
To apply for these opportunities please contact:
215-732-8244, ext. 999