This intensive program may be for you if…
- You wish to meet requirements for the credential Certified Group Psychotherapist.
- You are seeking extensive, in-depth, training in modern analytic group therapy.
- You are considering a career change and wish to explore opportunities in the field of Psychoanalysis.
- You want to take the insights and perspective of group therapy and apply it to other fields of endeavor such as business, education or the arts.
To apply for this program…
- Contact 215-732-8244, ext. 999 to arrange a visit. You’ll have the opportunity to sit in on classes and speak with students and faculty.
- Complete a PSP Application form and send it to us along with a non-refundable Application fee in the amount of $50.00.
- That’s all you need to do. Once we receive you application, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Accepted applicants may begin classes in the Fall, Winter or Spring terms.
Once accepted, you will benefit from…
- A stimulating series of 8 courses which include both didactic and experiential components. Courses include Foundations of Group Psychoanalysis, Basic Modern Analytic Group Therapy, Independent Small Group Reading Courses (2), and Transference & Resistance Workshop (4).
- 300 hours of experience as a leader or co-leader of a psychotherapy group.
- 75 hours of group and individual supervision from a Certified Group Psychotherapist.
Upon Completion Of This Program, You Will …
- Have earned a PSP Certificate in Modern Psychoanalytic Group Treatment.
- Meet all requirements for national certification by the American Group Psychotherapy Association as a Certified Group Practitioner
Learn about the Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.