This fast-track program may be for you if…
- You are a talented mental health professional possessing a Masters level education or higher and a state license (physician, psychologist, social worker, counselor, etc.).
- You desire to expand and refine your counseling and psychotherapeutic treatment skills.
- You are seeking a program which utilizes the latest advances in psychoanalytic technique to meet the challenges of today’s practice environment.
- You prefer a program that caters to working professionals with convenient Saturday classes and a course of study that can be completed in as little as 2 years.
To apply for this program…
- Contact 215-732-8244, ext. 999 to arrange a visit. You’ll have the opportunity to sit in on classes and speak with students and faculty.
- Send us a copy of your professional license, if applicable, or proof of education of Masters level or higher.
- Complete a PSP Application form and send it to us along with a non-refundable Application fee in the amount of $50.00.
- Arrange to have copies of your official transcripts sent to us.
- That’s all you need to do. Once we receive all of the above items, we will contact you to arrange an interview. Accepted applicants may begin classes in the Fall, Winter or Spring terms.
Once accepted, you will benefit from…
- A program that is designed to produce results with patients and professional satisfaction for the clinician.
- A clinically-oriented series of courses with a practical “how-to” orientation. Courses include four sessions each of Transference and Resistance Workshop, Modern Psychoanalytic Theory Treatment Techniques and case seminars entitled Understanding the Patient.
- Informal seminar-style classes.
- The opportunity to see patients in our clinical facility, The Philadelphia Consultation Center, with professional and peer consultation and supervision. A 100-hour practicum includes 30 hours of group supervision.
- 100 hours of Modern Psychoanalytic supervision with a certified Psychoanalyst.
- Presentation of a final case shared with faculty and students.
- 200 hours of Individual training analysis.
Learn about the Certificate in Modern Psychoanalytic Group Therapy.